International Conference Center
- GABU Heindl Architecture
- Am Hof 3-4, 1010 Vienna, Austria
- ARE / BIG
- Gabu Heindl, Barbara Weber, Petko Grablic, Teresa Klestorfer
The historic building from 1913 (built according to the plans of Otto Wagner students Emil Hoppe, Marcel Kammerer and Otto Schönthal) is rented on the upper floors by the European Energy Community. As part of the functional renovation, the attic was converted into an international conference centre for up to 100 participants.
The central Viennese address is the seat of the Europe-wide institution. For its enormously growing staff, the work rooms, offices and recreation rooms on the 5th floor were renovated in terms of well-tempering and working climate and restructured in line with the needs of the growing company
In the attic, several conference rooms were installed, interactive flexible conference zones in the spacious corridors, and further video conference rooms, retreat zones and the necessary conference infrastructure were implemented.